February 01, 2006

TRUTH

There are millions of ways that one gets to understand life.
What is so special in life?

A happy family?
Decent education?
A good job?
A fancy car?
Fully furnished house?

Am sure there is never an end to this list that tends to overpower every ‘reason’ for man. People tend to forget the very concept of LIFE, the very fact of their Existence.
When does one have the time to sit and think and realize the joys of life, the fruits of their existence? When someone does that, the world would be a more civilized place for him to live in.

It’s a crazy world out there. Things happen in a hurry. Life whizzes past all of us. I was raised in a manner where the joy of life was explained to me from an early age. The joy of waiting for my dad to come back from work, to sit with us and have dinner as a family. The joy of visiting friends and relatives from time to time. The joy of being there for people. The joy of attending family gatherings and sharing a laugh and also being a part of their sorrow. A joy to sit and communicate or at least try to.
Have been really lucky with a family like that. But is that the case with everyone these days? What is the world coming to? It scares me, it frightens me, it gets on my head to maybe one day be old and alive to see my kids and grandkids look at life in a totally different light and go on with their lives. Maybe I would just be old and wise – or hopefully I would have the ability to take that as another step on my journey to understand life.

Thinking upsets me. I know I get paid to think –literally. Life would be so interesting when people start using their right brain. This infact is the year of the right brain. The year where creativity would rule over everything else. Change is the only constant. Wow, what a statement. True every single way.

Life has been abuzz with a lot of activity. Work has been productive to a certain extent. No full stops to learning. Finally found myself a nice small place. My first ever house so to speak and what a rush every time I even think about it. Planning finer elements that would go on to the house, every single one of them, carefully thought about and painfully etched and sketched in the head before finally ending up the way its supposed to. It gives a huge smile when I sit with a coffee mug and see it on my house – the focus being MY HOUSE.

Am officially a Post Graduate now. Went to chennai last weekend to be a part of the boring yet such a definitive phase of every persons life, went for my masters convocation. It was made really memorable thanks to the presence of my Mom & Dad who came to see their son graduate. I was happy and at the same disappointed that I let them down, I let everyone down, I let myself down. Missed the gold medal that I thought was mine for the taking. The medal that I thought I had taken it without breaking a sweat (come on its my blog and I get to exaggerate a little too). I missed the gold by two marks they say. I have never been the studious types all through my school life or even my under graduation. Studies for me was very simple, do not flunk your papers and keep moving on to the next grade. It was easier that way, so that I could concentrate a lot on my sports and other activities that I thought was my calling. I very strongly believe that it was that focus that is helping me a great deal at this phase of my life, and frankly that is my life. This is what I always wanted to do in life. Talk and get paid for it, freak out, have fun and enjoy and make a living out of it. Think weird and get appreciated for it. This makes me the person I am.

I have lost interest in blogs. Feels strange to say this when I end up checking my blog every half hour at work and every night when I go back home. But I really have lost the flame that was burning in me when I started blogging. I have stopped regular updates, I have stopped my religious blog hopping. And its nice to still have the friendly souls walk in and out of my blog and reading those few special blogs and wanting to know more about them. Am happy and content this way and would like to be this way.

This post is good enough I guess for all the lost time and the update requests.

No comments: